Homeless Outreach Services and Shelter Updates
If you are homeless or are concerned about someone who is, know there is help available.
Coulee Collaborative to End Homelessness is partnering with Independent Living Resources (ILR) to provide Homeless Outreach Program services in the Coulee Region. Homeless Outreach Specialists are trained and available to assist individuals and families who are homeless with the following services:
- Accessing shelter
- Obtaining necessary emergency physical and mental healthcare
- Completing an assessment for supportive housing programs
- Developing a housing stability plan
- Addressing barriers to obtaining and maintaining housing
- Applying for subsidized, income-based and market rate housing
Each person receives individualized assistance to achieve their housing goals and assessment for referral to other community support services.
* The program may also provide support to Case Managers, Social Workers, family and friends of those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness so they have the knowledge and confidence to assist and support with a housing search.
To make a referral for services (for yourself or for someone else) simply complete the form on the Homeless Outreach Referral Page on ILR’s website.Outreach Brochure
If you are in need of shelter or know someone who is, there is help.
Despite reduced capacity due to space restrictions caused by COVID-19, The Salvation Army of La Crosse, Catholic Charities’ Warming Center, New Horizons Shelter and the YWCA’s Ruth House continue to provide shelter for those in need in our community.
- To be assessed for residential program shelter eligibility at The Salvation Army of La Crosse County, please contact staff via phone or email:
- Main Office Phone: 608-782-6126
- Catholic Charities’ Warming Center is a night-by-night shelter operating November 1st through April 30th each year. For more information about eligibility or access, please contact Toni Van Kirk, Coordinator, at:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 608-519-8014 or 608-519-8060
- For more information about eligibility for shelter with New Horizon’s Shelter and Outreach Center, please contact their 24 hour Crisis Line at:
- Phone: 608-791-2600 (TTY Available) or 888-231-0066 (TTY Available)
- For more information about program eligibility at the YWCA’s Ruth House, please call:
- Phone: 608-781-2783
* Any of our community sheltering agencies will provide referral if their program is not able to serve you. The Salvation Army is the designated agency that may be contacted if you are uncertain where to turn to first and can provide the most current information about available shelter as capacity, access and eligibility shifts to accommodate restrictions due to COVID-19. They are also the primary point of contact for unsheltered persons who have tested positive for COVID-19 and will work with you and other community resources to identify possible options for space for your isolation and care.